Sunday 6 December 2015

Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil & Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer

Without doubt the Sunday Riley line boosts a lot of cult products, it taken me a while to try the brand as I'm always a little apprehensive of cult status as I'm often left underwhelm.
 


I'll start with the Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil. I choose this as the essential oils prevalent in the majority of face oils cause various unpleasantness on my skin, whereas Juno omits them.
The oil has a good texture, neither being too runny or too thick. You only need a few drops and it absorbs quite well, with a lightweight feel, though I would not describe it as a dry oil and as such find this best used at night.


I'm no ingredient expert, so here's what the box says, but it looks like it contains all the good stuff like antioxidants and such like without any unnecessary fillers.


This has become an essential for me and I have re-bought it (it lasted me 3 months using it every night). My dry skin feels a lot smoother and my overall complexion in terms of redness and acne looks calmer.


The older I get the more I am using primers, mostly for pore blurring. The Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer is oil free and you can definitely tell it is silicone based, as it has a slight greasy feel, though it does not feel heavy.
Its meant to provide "Sheer, porcelain-smooth coverage, it can be worn alone for a hint of color and even-toned radiance or layered under foundation to extend the wear." I'm at a bit of a loss as to what this does, my complexion does not look improved, I do not find it extends the wear of my makeup nor does it do anything to blur my pores. What it does do is provide a smooth surface so foundation does sit better on the skin. Its very sheer, which is good as the lightest shade "Light" is too dark for me.

I like that this comes in a pump container and my foundation goes on a bit smoother but umm that's about it.
Ingredients:


I bought these from SpaceNK

6 comments:

  1. Hello Clare, I am similarly challenged by the Primer, and I am sure that you are paler than me - it is a huge shame because the texture is rather lovely. Have not tried Juno but it is next on my list. Thanks for your review. Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your back! Lovely to hear from you Jan :) I've given the primer to my mother so hoping she fares better. I think you should get on well with Juno.

      Delete
  2. Hi dear Clare, both products are very interesting! The first one is very rich and full of nutritive ingredients. I'd like to try something similar for me because lastly my skin is not so beautiful, it is always dry even I apply rich creams... I'd like to try too a primer for all over the face in order to correct the pores and give the idea of uniformity. Kisses =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to pile on heavy, rich creams with limited success so this oil is a great find and worth you trying if you get the chance. I've not found my perfect primer yet, I need some sort of miracle worker for my pores :)

      Delete
  3. i have mixed feelings about the primer. Sometimes I think oh, this is great/amazing, it looks natural and adds a little something, and other times I think meh, this does nothing, and other times i'm like oh this is pretty much a tinted moisturizer?? Lol. I'm not sure where I land on it nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well at least this works for you some of the time ;) I gave it to my mother and she is getting on with it better, my complexion/skin type must not be easy to please!

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin